Tuesday, September 27, 2016

I'm Quilty, Not Guilty

I try to be one of those people who, once she starts something, finishes it. However, the quilter side of me has a bad case of ADHD.  (Actually, the every day me has it too, but I tend to indulge the quilty one more.) 

I get so excited when I see new project possibilities that I can't wait to try them. It's the reason I was doing two separate English paper piecing projects at the same time last year, plus adding on a Christmas present bargello quilt that I completed in a matter of a few weeks. (Apparently I'm more efficient when I have a deadline!)

Bargello finished just in time for my
aunt's Christmas gift last year.
She and I both love blue.
My excuse this time: Christmas centerpieces for the guild Christmas party.  It's a good excuse.  Mostly.  More to the point, I just like the idea of playing with some new techniques that have been on my quilter's bucket list.  I'd been wanting to do something with yo-yos for awhile, even though they're not technically quilting. Still, they're sewing, and I get to play with pretty fabric, so it totally counts.  I found a cute picture on Pinterest, and I wanted to give it a try.  So this weekend, I spent a couple of days making almost 100 yo-yos and then assembling them to make this cute Christmas tree. 


I've also been seeing these amazing Fold 'n Stitch Wreaths all over, especially on Facebook, so I thought now would be a good time to try to make one.  I've got my fabric all picked out, and I'm going to try and get one put together this week.  


Once I'm done, I'm going to take them both to guild next week and see which one they like better.  Then I'll know what kind of supplies I'll need to pick up when I go to Missouri Star Quilt Company next weekend.  (Like I needed an excuse to buy more fabric -- but at least now I don't have to feel guilty about it!!)

Meanwhile, I have other projects that are all lined up waiting to be finished.  I keep promising myself that I'll get them done soon.  But oh look, Missouri Star Quilt Company just posted another tutorial, and I just don't have the heart to tell my quilty-self no.  

No comments:

Post a Comment